Permanent Job for National Warehouse Manager Needed
Job for National Warehouse Manager Needed
Location: East Rand
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Job for National Warehouse Manager Needed
We are the largest, single-source supplier of heavy-duty, auto-electrical components and collision avoidance systems in Southern Africa.
- Strategically plan and manage warehouse, distribution and customer service in the inventory team.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Compliance with local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Interface with internal customers, sales and product divisions, stores, finance, suppliers, inspectors, expeditors and freight forwarders to insure orders/contracts are placed and completed on schedule.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Manages inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing solutions
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Continuously look for improvements to operations
- Prepare a quarterly report to the OPSCO team to share your goals and achievements
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant purchasing and logistics experience in the Auto Electrical or similar industry.
- Experience with SAP Business One preferred
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
- Having strong communication skills to manage the internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Strong leadership talent, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good personal presentation
- Ability to make Decisions under pressure
- Good commercial and business understanding
- Licensed to drive
- Experienced in working in a multicultural environment
- Familiar with Workplace Safety and Environmental factors
- Ability to foster team-oriented goals.
- A vibrant, energetic go- getter who enjoys a challenge
- Maintain the professional image that promotes Trysome
39 total views, 1 today