Contract Job Vacancy for General Labour Needed
Job Vacancy for General Labour Needed
Location: North West
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Job Vacancy for General Labour Needed
- SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
- SGS South Africa is seeking to fulfil a role in the SGS Matrolab N.012 Wolmaransstad Civil Engineering Site Laboratory. The role includes but are not limited to assisting the Supervisor/ Laboratory Manager with all tasks, whether it’s on site or in the commercial laboratory. To clean all equipment on a regular basis. To prepare samples as and when required for testing. The assistant will ensure that the laboratory is clean at all times and will carry out all work-related instructions from the technicians and relevant authorised personnel.
- The ideal candidate for this position will be a person that is disciplined and treat colleagues and management with respect and possessing enough energy and passion to maintain good staff relationships. A successful career in delivering performance against agreed strategic objectives and ultimately ensuring that all quality and testing methods are observed, and any deviation is reported without delay.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor / Laboratory Manager, you in the role, are expected to:
- Ensure adherence to company Code of Ethics
- Ensure adherence to Quality Management Systems & implementation of Quality System.
- Ensure all duties are performed in accordance with accepted service delivery standards.
- Maintain quality, efficiency and confidentiality of service
- Liaise with and assist administrators as and when required
- Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the SGS management system.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by direct line manager
- A General Worker is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the company equipment on a regular basis and that all test equipment is cleaned after completion of any job.
- A General Worker is responsible for the neatness of apparatus and environment including cleaning up the site or workshop where the job was carried out and will make sure its free off all consumables used to perform the job (masking tape, tins).
- A General Worker is responsible to adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the SGS management system.
- A General Worker to orally report deviations, irregularities and non-conformances as soon as it is discovered.
- A General Worker is responsible to perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the authorized site supervisor/laboratory manager and regional manager.
- Cease the use of any equipment that may be deemed to constitute a safety hazard or entry to hazardous environments without the necessary knowledge and protection and take action to address the hazard.
- Cease to carry on with work that may affect the quality (integrity) of services and take action to address the issue.
- Initiate a formal improvement request when a deviation of the system occurs, possible improvements are identified or when nonconformity is identified.
- Qualification and Experience
- Education : Grade 12
- Must be Physically able to perform all duties.
- Relevant Experience in a SANAS accredited lab – advantageous
47 total views, 1 today